Officer Specialist School is a purpose built school providing educational programs for students with mild to severe intellectual and associated disabilities in the shires of Cardinia and Casey.
Staff includes special education teachers, a physiotherapist, speech therapists, occupational therapists, a social worker, specialist teachers, and Education Support Staff, working collaboratively to provide outstanding learning programs.
We believe that every child has the right to learn in an environment of dignity and respect and that effective learning takes place when students are actively engaged, encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and able to build positive relationships.
Our vision is for Officer Specialist School to be:
- Family friendly and inclusive, valuing diversity of community members as we work towards an enviable future for our students.
- A positive and welcoming community facing the future with courage and celebrating success.
- A safe, secure environment in which students feel motivated and empowered and show respect for others and our environment.
- An educational learning community catering for diverse learning styles, abilities and interests. Learning will be based on Personalised Learning Plans, incorporating both broad curriculum and relevant life skills. Our teaching and therapy teams will work in partnership with families to ensure that each student has the opportunity to reach their full potential as an independent citizen.
- A school community in which the student is the centre of all we do!